What does a first century Roman Emperor have in common with a USC professor of Education?
We find out this week on Lit Matters, as Chris is joined by Laurie and Matt Jones, married high school English teachers, parents of teenagers, and hosts of the Teacher Saves World! podcast. Their mission is to “save the world one teenager at a time” while helping us all “try to live our best life.” Laurie and Matt will be discussing Leo Buscaglia’s Love and Marcus Aurelius’s Meditations.
Please check out Matt’s own book, Helping Teens Succeed in High School and Life, along with Laurie’s recommended reading list for all high school students:
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- The Stranger by Albert Camus
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley